Here’s a few tips to help you get the most from your box it. Box it. Inventory Checklist – excel document that allows you to items quantity & price of your contents, great for estimating insurance and ensuring you don’t forget anything! Box it. Moving Checklist – printable guide on how to move efficiently, from medical records to food storage. Before you start:
- Plan your loading before you start. It will be quicker and less tiring for you and safer for your belongings.
- It’s much cheaper to get good packaging than to replace things that break. We sell a range of packing supplies to help you which can be collected from our storage facility in Canberra.
- Make sure you have your padlock ready!
- Take a look at our prohibited items or contact us on 1300 4 box it for more information about what you can and can’t store.
During the pack:
- Start loading your box it with heavy appliances and load them on the floor against the far wall. Put further heavy items on the floor toward the rear of the box. Save the space above for lighter items.
- Furniture should be up off the floor. Long pieces of furniture (e.g. sofas and tables) can be stored along the sides of the box. If they are small enough they can be stood on end and anchored into place with other large, heavy items.
- Ensure lighter items and boxes marked “fragile” are stored on top and secure them using bungies or ties to the eyelets inside the box. Load all your belongings as tightly as reasonably possible to reduce shifting, rubbing and puncturing during transit.
- Be generous with moving pads, blankets and padding and place cardboard under anything that may be scuffed or soiled by moving directly on the floor of the box.
- Remember to use pillows, stuffed toys and moving pads as well as additional bubble wrap or padding to fill all gaps and spaces.
- Remember to padlock your box it!